Working from home is something we’re used to here at coolperx. We have a lot of experience. In fact- most of us are moms who juggle work and caring for kids at the same time. We wanted to create a list of tips that might actually make a difference in your work from home life. Here are some of the things that work for us:
1. “Take a commuter walk around your neighborhood to start and end your day.” --Meredith
2. “I like to take an actual lunch break. It’s easy to continue working and eating at the same time but it makes me feel burnt out. When I take a real lunch, it gives me a mental break to focus on something else and therefore I feel more energized and ready to take on the rest of the day.”-- Amanda
3. “Every hour on the hour I stop for a 5 minute workout, whether it's strengthening, stretching, yoga poses or cardio it helps me stay productive and keeps me moving. -- Erin
4. “I get up each morning, and after my coffee, I get dressed for the day. Dressing for work keeps me focused and productive and I feel better about myself which improves the work I do.” - Seth
5. “I limit my tasks to one important thing a day. Anything else is a bonus. I don’t beat myself up if I need to take extra time homeschooling or even doing gymnastics in the yard so we are having fun each day. The first week was a little of [my daughters work] work and a little of mine and back and forth till bedtime. That was just miserable and it wasn’t good for our mental health.” -- Lu
Do you have any routines or habits that work for you? Let us know!