#GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving and unity that takes place on May 5, 2020 – in addition to the regularly scheduled Dec 1, 2020 #GivingTuesday – as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Without the possibilities to hold important fundraising events, these campaigns are needing help more than ever. Our founder works closely with Plymouth Housing and understands the urgency behind this event.
Giving is a great way for you to feel more connected with your community and purposeful in this time. We'd love to see your generosity benefit whatever fund matters most to you!
Additionally, many of our clients at Google, Zillow and Microsoft have additional matching funds specifically for COVID-19 relief efforts. Be sure to see if your company does, too and expand the impact of your generosity!
Opportunities for giving:
1. Hungerintervention.org: Hunger Intervention Program provides free healthy meals for children and youth who lost access to school meals, to-go meals for seniors and people experiencing homelessness; meal delivery to seniors who are staying at home; and weekend food for children as well as bulk food for the whole family.
2.ThePlateFund.com: The COVID-19 crisis is devastating for thousands of restaurant-industry workers who have lost their jobs. To help, The Plate Fund provides immediate financial assistance to those who have been hardest hit in King County.
3. Bellwetherhousing.org: Bellwether Housing serves over 3,500 low-income residents. Many residents have lost income due to coronavirus and can’t pay rent or cover essential needs. Bellwether is working with residents to help them access resources such as unemployment, rent assistance, food and health care.
4. Wellspringfs.org: Wellspring prevents and ends homelessness for families and individuals. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Wellspring is operating several funds providing financial assistance to individuals who have been impacted, and serves as one of United Way’s partners in its COVID-19 Rent Relief (Home Base) program.
5. AccelerateMed.org/Heroes: UW Medicine researchers and health-care workers are at the center of the local, national and global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. UW Medicine seeks support to expand testing and accelerate COVID-19 research.
6. Plymouth Housing: Plymouth Housing's mission is to eliminate homelessness and address its causes by preserving, developing, and operating safe, quality, supportive housing and by providing adults experiencing homelessness with opportunities to stabilize and improve their lives. @PlymouthHousing
For more COVID related causes to donate to in Seattle, click here.
How are you giving back? Share on social media with hashtag #GivingTuesdayNow and inspire others to give together even when we’re apart.