ClimateCost Score: 8/9
Using our ClimateCost sustainability index scoring system, here are some highlights from the evaluation criteria we score on:
- Climate: MiiR is certified Climate Neutral and a member of the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) Climate Action Corps. Annually, they measure our carbon footprint through Climate Neutral's 3-Step Process in order to assess their “hot spots” and set targets accordingly. With the guidance of Climate Neutral, the Outdoor Industry Alliance, and the Science-Based Targets initiative, they have calculated their footprint and set targets in line with the Paris Agreement 1.5d celsius threshold target.
- Recyclability & Ecology: MiiR is a member of 1% for the Planet, and designs its products with materials that can be placed in blue bins or commercially recycled. MiiR packaging uses FSC Certified materials and all of their inners and outers are 90% post-consumer recycled cardboard. Every Kraft hang-tag, product backer card, and box is sustainable and recyclable. MiiR has joined PrAna’s Responsible Packaging Movement and are committing to eliminate single-use plastic and virgin forest fiber from our packaging, as well as excess packaging waste in our supply chain. We’re inviting fellow brands and our community to adopt goals and join us in our journey to #ReshapePackaging
- Keepability: A Coolperx favorite (as well as coffee shops such as Blue Bottle), we have personally tested these products for years. This includes using them in the dishwasher almost daily! We can't think of a product with more Keepability.
- Supply Chain: A baseline requirement to be a MiiR supplier is to prove compliance with the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI). This is accomplished through a third-party audit which is carried out on an annual basis. Each audit is followed up by a corrective action plan which is monitored by our MiiR China team.
- Circularity: Where possible, MiiR takes back misprinted, damaged, or well-loved products and uses them as raw material feedstock for alternative manufacturing. Additionally, if a component breaks down, replacements are available to extend the product life.
- Social: Every MiiR product sold helps fund transparent giving projects using their Give Code, you can read more here.
- Governance: MiiR is a certified B-Corp.