ClimateCost Score: 9/9
Using our ClimateCost sustainability index scoring system, here are some highlights from the evaluation criteria we score on:
- Climate: 100% of their US operations were powered by renewable energy.
- Ecology & Renewability: Patagonia is a member of 1% for the Planet and has extensive programs to support ecology and the environment. Among these are their responsible materials, 100% of their virgin cotton usage is organic, material traceability, Forest Stewardship Council usage, and much more.
- Social Impact: See video below.
- Recyclability: 94% of Patagonia's product line contains recycled materials.
- Keepability: There is arguably no better name in outdoor gear than Patagonia. Designed to last for as long as possible, be repaired and kept in use, and operate at the highest performance standard possible. Patagonia is Keepability.
- Supply Chain: Patagonia has numerous programs around the supply chain including bluesign System, Fair Trade, and Supply Chain Environmental Responsibility Program to name a few. More information on their supply chain can be found here.
- Circularity: Patanogia's Ironclad Guarantee: We guarantee everything we make. If you are not satisfied with one of our products at the time you receive it, or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction, return it to the store you bought it from or to Patagonia for a repair, replacement, or refund. Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge. Additionally, Patagonia also operates a secondhand store, Worn Wear, to trade-in and purchase used and refurbished gear.
- Governance: Patagonia is a certified B-Corp.